Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hello!

My name is Kelly, and I am a freshman at Columbia University. One of the classes I am most excited about taking is Japanese I, as I have always wanted to study this language. After travelling to Tokyo and Kyoto last summer, my interest in Japan strengthened. The culture, history, food, fashion, and technology of Japan...they have all intrigued me for years.


As of now, I am currently in my second week of classes at Columbia, and enjoying everything about the school. The experience of living in New York through a rich campus life is very exciting. Japanese isn't too challenging right now, but the fast pace of the class motivates me to keep up. Learning the vocabulary can be tricky, as well as learning the kanji in the future. I hope to learn conversational Japanese so I can communicate with native speakers, and also learn how to read and write Japanese. I look forward to what this class has to offer!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly! Sorry for the mega late comment-back D: どうぞよろしく、お願いします!

    ReplyDelete
  2. こんばんわ、 Kellyさん! I completely agree about how the intensive nature and fast pace of the course is what allows us to constantly stay on top of the material...it's a really efficient method! Considering you said you plan to gain good communication skills in this language will you continue to take にほんじん after this semester?

    ReplyDelete