Tuesday, September 27, 2011

にほんごのクラス

Japanese class is going well so far. I understand much more vocabulary than when I first started. Now I can tell time, ask about items in department stores, and talk about what I did on each day of the week. Some aspects of Japanese is actually easier for me to understand because pronunciation of words are similar to Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese. While I am not experienced in Chinese, much of Japanese Kanji is simple to understand. Hopefully that will give me an advantage when learning and I will not struggle with the Kanji. We have dabbled a bit in Katakana, but have not formally learned that alphabet yet. I have already learned many of the characters, so it will just be a refresher for when we do learn it. 


The Japanese midterm is next week; I will be reviewing what I have learned in these four weeks and keeping my fingers crossed that I do well!


さよなら!

3 comments:

  1. こんにちわ。
    わたしわイデラ(いでら)です。
    I'm in the 2:40 Japanese class. I find it cool that you already know a little about kanji and how it is similar to Mandarin. (: I hope you do well on your midterm next week!
    さよなら。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fascinating and refreshing to learn a foreign language? It's like I am using a hidden part of my brain muscle which I didn't even realized that it existed. I think learning a foreign language is simmilar to weight training. Both involve practice and pain. But there is gonna be a "different me" afterwards.Hajimemashite, Kelly san! (I can't type Japanese with my laptop, today. sorry.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. こんにちわケレーさん、

    I'm sure you rocked your mid term! Kanji has always been difficult for me, so I may need borrow some of your expertise when we learn it.

    ReplyDelete